3 Ways to Convert a Google DOC to PDF
3 Ways to Convert a Google DOC to PDF – Google Docs is powerful collaboration and file-sharing tool. It supports a wide range of file types, including documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and web pages. But did you know that you can also convert a Google Doc into a PDF file? You can, and it is very easy to do.
Here is a closer look at PDF files and how to save your Google Docs documents in this popular file format.
What are the benefits of using a PDF file?
PDF means Portable Document Format. The PDF file format was created by Adobe Systems in the early 1990s as a way to share files on any system without losing the format.
Before that, sharing files between computers could be problematic. You may have a really excellent source in your report, only to have it replaced by Times New Roman when the other person opens your file.
This will not happen with a PDF. When someone opens your PDF file, it looks exactly like it did when you saved it. The fonts are the same, the text sizes are the same and nothing changes. The format is locked in your document, which prevents unwanted changes.
But that is not all:
- You can add a variety of visual elements to a PDF file, including clipart, digital images and photos.
- PDF files use internal compression, which means they use less space than other types of files. This makes them a good format to send by email, print and upload to the web.
- PDF files look polished and professional, adding that special touch to documents when you want to make a good impression.
When would I Use a PDF?
You may want to use a PDF on a normal document many times. In addition to preserving their format, PDF files eliminate unnecessary and distracting elements from digital documents, such as margins or contours. They look very well printed too.
PDFs are an ideal option for:
- Legal forms such as contracts, leases and sales invoices.
- Invoices, resumes, cover letters and online portfolios.
- Downloadable materials, such as electronic books or white papers
- School projects and research papers.
The 3 ways to create PDF files in Google Docs
If you are ready to learn how to save a Google document as a PDF, go to the following sections. There are some ways to achieve this, which include: downloading, emailing or using the print solution method to save PDF files directly to Google Drive.
#Save a Google DOC in a PDF File by Downloading
- If you have not already done so, sign in to your Google Docs account and open the document you want to convert to PDF.
- From inside your Google document, go to File> Download as> PDF Document (.pdf).
- Check the download folder on your computer to see the PDF you just created. You can access your downloaded PDF file here.
Send Google DOC as a PDF Attachment by Email
- If you have not already done so, sign in to your Google Docs account and open the document you want to send via email as an attached PDF file.
- From your Google doc, go to File> Email as an attachment.
- In the pop-up window, enter the email address of the recipient in the To section. You can also add a message to the recipient and / or send a copy of the email.
- Click Send, and everything is ready. The recipient will receive the PDF as an email attachment that you can download.
Convert and Save a Goodle DOC to PDF in Google Drive
Sometimes you may not want to download or send your PDF via email. You may just want to keep the PDF in your Google Drive or share it with others from there. In this case, you can use the following quick fix.
- From in your Google doc, go to File> Print.
- Inside the Print dialog box, where it says Destination, select Save to Google Drive, then click Save.
- The PDF must now be saved in your Google Drive. You can view it or share it directly from this location.
More options for saving Google Docs PDF files
In addition to these methods for saving a Google document as a PDF, you can also install third-party software, such as DriveConverter, which allows you to download Google files in different formats, including PDF, jpg and mp3.